Talking to Your Doctor
Are there any tips for talking to my doctor?
Have you ever gotten to the doctor's office and forgotten what you wanted to ask? Below are some questions you might find useful. Feel free to print this list and take it to the doctor's office.
- What did my last test results mean?
- When I'm experiencing a side effect, how do I know if it is a side effect of treatment or a symptom of chronic myeloid leukemia?
- What are the possible next steps, depending on upcoming test results?
Healthcare provider talking tips
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your discussions with your healthcare team:
- Take notes and ask questions during appointments, or have a friend or family member with you to record what information was discussed
- Talk openly and regularly with your healthcare provider about how you're feeling, both physically and emotionally
- Tell your healthcare provider about any changes you are noticing in your everyday routine, such as your sleep patterns
- Your healthcare provider also needs to know your health habits, including smoking and alcohol use